M20 Wall Panels - High Performance Acoustic Party Wall Soundproofing Panels I Noisy Neighbours
SRU M20 Wall Panels are made up of recycled rubber and is specially designed to reduce and absorb airborne noise which penetrates poorly insulated party wall and where wall space loss is an issue.
The M20 Wall Panels are easy to install and can produce excellent results with a minimal space loss of 52mm. ( When adding 2 x layers of acoustic plasterboards) Generally an 10db-12db improvement with the sound panels ( around halving the noise)
Our M20 Wall Panels are manufactured slightly heavier and thicker giving a far better acoustic performance than all other suppliers. Simply stuck on to exiting walls with our very own SRU High Contact Spray Adhesive. We would advise 1 x Can of Spray for every two Panels.
- First make sure wall is clean and dust free.
- Fill any holes with the AC95 Acoustic & Fire Sealant
- Mark out on walls one meter squares to plan the installation
- Spray the first square with SRU High Contact Spray adhesive and the Spray the Panel - Spray from around 30cm from areas giving a web effect
- Fix immediately to the wall - No waiting time needed with our Spray Adhesive
- Carry on to the entire wall is completed
- Seal all joins and edges with the AC95 Acoustic & Fire Sealant
- Attache two layers of Acoustic Plasterboards again with the SRU High Contact Spray Adhesive and Seal all edges and joins with the AC95 Acoustic & Fire Sealant
- Adding more mass p/sqm per panel
- Minimal Wall space loss solution
- Quick and easy to install using our very own high contact spray adhesive
- 10-12db improvement in airborne noise
- Minimal wastage as each cut can be used
- Part E Compliant
General Physical Data
- Size: 1m x 1m
- Density: 833kg/m3
- Weight :17.86kg/m2
- Nominal Thickness: 20mm
Other uses for this product.
- Gymnasium floors
- Under Household appliances
- Under treadmills
- Dnt,w (C;Ctr) + Ctr 58 (-3:-8)db
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Installing the SRU M20 Wall Panels:
First always make sure that the area you will be applying the M20 wall panels to is clean from any dust, oils or grime.
We would advise cleaning the wall prior to installation with a soapy water and then left to fully dry. Use our SRU Spray adhesive to prime the wall before installation.
The SRU M20 wall panels is simply bonded onto the wall with our SRU High Contact Spray-Adhesive. Hold the spray can around 30cm from the panels and spray in a web effect. Spray the wall the same way and appy the M20 wall panel to the area. Seal all joins and edges with AC95 Acoustic & Fire Sealant before boarding the wall.
The plasterboard is bonded to the M20 wall panels in the same manner, but a grab adhesive can also be used. Where necessary, the M20 wall panel is easily cut with a sharp knife.
When the insulation is securely stuck, two layers of 12.5mm plasterboard should be glued on top with our SRU Spray Adhesive
A small gap should be left around the edges of the plasterboard to avoid bridging the resilient layer. This gap should be filled with AC95 Fire and Acoustic Sealant and a plaster skim coat applied to finish off the plasterboard.
Even greater noise reduction can be obtained if the treatment is applied to BOTH sides of the wall. This product and method is not suitable for loud music and cinema noise coming through a party wall.